September 22nd, 2021
USGBC Central California is now soliciting nominations for election to the Board of Directors. This position provides the opportunity to help advance green buildings and communities in Central California and become part of the leadership team of a growing organization. The Chapter is seeking Directors who are committed to increasing sustainability in our built environment, passionate about making an impact in our community, experienced in leading volunteer organizations, and willing to commit leadership to helping the Chapter serve our community. Find out more about board membership in our election fact sheet.
Filing Period: September 22 – December 18, 2021
Deadline to Submit Application*: December 18, 2021
Candidate Notification: December 20, 2021
Elections: December 21 – December 31, 2021
New Board Members Seated: January 1, 2022
Who can Vote: All current paid Chapter members*
*To join the Chapter and be eligible to apply and vote, click here: www.usgbccc.org/Become-A-Member and follow instructions on Registering for a Chapter Membership link below.
TERMS & MEETINGS
The term of office is for two years from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023. Terms of board members are staggered so that half the Board changes each year. Board meetings occur on a monthly basis, generally in person but currently virtually due to COVID19.
Given the Chapter’s expanding scope of programs and local influence, a number of qualifications are particularly important. The Board seeks diversity and leadership qualities to assure strong and dynamic local leadership.
· Candidates will be selected to provide a mix of expertise, potential contributions, leadership, business experience, diversity, and continuity.
· Candidate must sign the USGBC-CC Board of Directors commitment form.
· Candidates are expected to be USGBC-CC members, new member applicants are accepted.
· We are currently looking for candidates from the following fields: architecture, banking, law, construction, real estate development, engineering, government, interior design, landscaping, transportation, marketing.
· Nominations will be accepted for seven (7) board seats.
· You may nominate yourself by completing the attached application form or nominate another member by asking them to do so.
· Bios and applications will be sent out with the ballots. Voting instructions will be sent to all members prior to commencement of voting.
· Submit the completed Board of Director Application and signed Board of Director Commitment by email to email@example.com by the deadline above. Submission of the Board of Director Commitment implies agreement.
· Direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org