The United States Green Building Council (USGBC) Central California (USGBC-CC) is looking for a part-time Project Assistant. The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in organizing the Circle V project at USGBC Central California and works closely with team members, project partners and government agencies to guide efforts toward developing an Indigenous Environmental Resource Center. This task involves project and stakeholder management, community and stakeholder outreach, reporting, and monitoring project plans. The Project Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
A successful project assisant will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as word and excel, graphic programs like Canva and have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Maintaining and monitoring project goals, plans, schedules, objectives and priorities with Executive Director and major project stakeholders.
- • Preparing, documenting and following up on stakeholder and project meetings.
- • Ensuring projects adhere to framework and all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- • Undertaking project tasks as required.
- • Supporting outreach efforts to ensure robust public outreach during the duration of the project.
- • Developing flyers, social media posts, outreach emails and updating webpages as needed.
- • Contributing to reporting and invoicing activities.
- • Identifying project opportunities through state, federal and private sources. Supporting grant writing activities.
- • Assisting with general USGBC-CC projects as needed.
- • Assisting with general Education and chapter events.
- • Bachelor's degree in urban planning, construction management, business, or a related field
- • 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- • Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- • Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- • Competency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- • Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- • Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and resourceful attitude.
- • Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- • Access to personal computing devices.
- • Preference given to local applicants (within one hour drive of Fresno, CA).
- • Experience working on public projects
- • Experience of working with non-profit organizations
- • Passion for sustainability, landscaping and green building practices
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms, kneel, talk and hear. At times, this position may include periods of extended physical activity such as walking/standing at community events and/or moving and distributing educational materials and/or moving while doing landscaping work. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 40 pounds. This is a work from home opportunity with requirements for in-person meetings and events.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a grant-based and part-time position (approximately 30 hours a week). Payment $20-23 an hour, depending on experience.
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to the programs at USGBC-CC, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is May 5th, 2023.
USGBC Central California is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that educates, inspires, and provides resources to build and maintain sustainable communities right here in Central California. USGBC-CC covers Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced and Tulare County. USGBC-CC’s Mission is to engage San Joaquin Valley communities in the transformational development and promotion of ecologically healthy built environments. USGBC-CC’s programs focus on education, networking and advocacy for climate change solutions in the built environment. USGBC-CC is an equal opportunities employer.