October 27, 2015
USGBC Central California is now soliciting nominations for election to the Board of Directors. We hope you will consider this opportunity to contribute at the leadership level and to help shape the Chapter’s future and the green building industry in Central California, while creating lasting business relationships. The Chapter is seeking Directors who are committed to increasing sustainability in our built environment, passionate about making an impact in our community, experienced in leading volunteer organizations, and willing to commit leadership to helping the Chapter serve our community.
Filing Period: October 27 – November 17, 2015
Deadline to Submit Application: November 17, 2015
Candidate Notification: November 19, 2015
Elections: November 23 – December 18, 2015
New Board Members Seated: January 1, 2016
Who can Vote: All current paid Chapter members*
*To join the Chapter and be eligible to vote, click here: www.usgbccc.org/Become-A-Member and follow instructions on Registering for a Chapter Membership link below.
TERMS & MEETINGS
The term of office is for two years from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017. Terms of board members are staggered so that half the Board changes each year. Face to face board meetings occur on a bi-monthly basis.
Given the Chapter’s expanding scope of programs and local influence, a number of qualifications are particularly important. The Board seeks diversity among types of USGBC member companies and leadership qualities needed to assure strong and dynamic local leadership.
· Candidates will be selected to provide a mix of expertise, potential contributions, leadership, business experience, diversity, and continuity.
· Candidate must sign the USGBC CC Board of Directors commitment form.
· Nominations will be accepted for four (4) board seats.
· You may nominate yourself by completing the attached application form or nominate another member by asking them to do so.
· Bios and applications will be posted on Chapter website. Voting instructions will be sent to all members prior to commencement of voting.
· Submit the completed Board of Director Application and signed Board of Director Commitment by email to email@example.com by the deadline above. Submission of the Board of Director Commitment implies agreement.
· Direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org