October 24th, 2017
USGBC Central California is now soliciting nominations for election to the Board of Directors. This is a great way to contribute to help advance USGBC Central California’s mission, to help shape the Chapter’s future and the green building industry in Central California, while creating lasting business relationships. The Chapter is seeking Directors who are committed to increasing sustainability in our built environment, passionate about making an impact in our community, experienced in leading volunteer organizations, and willing to commit leadership to helping the Chapter serve our community.
Filing Period: October 24 – November 16, 2017
Deadline to Submit Application: November 16, 2017
Candidate Notification: December November 17, 2017
Elections: November 17 – December 8, 2017
New Board Members Seated: January 1, 2018
Who can Vote: All current paid Chapter members*
*To join the Chapter and be eligible to vote, click here: www.usgbccc.org/Become-A-Member and follow instructions on Registering for a Chapter Membership link below.
TERMS & MEETINGS
The term of office is for two years from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019. Terms of board members are staggered so that half the Board changes each year. Face to face board meetings occur on a bi-monthly basis.
The Board seeks diversity among types of USGBC member companies and leadership qualities needed to assure strong and dynamic local leadership.
· Candidates will be selected to provide a mix of expertise, potential contributions, leadership, business experience, diversity, and continuity.
· Candidate must sign the USGBC CC Board of Directors commitment form.
More information in our election fact sheet
· Nominations will be accepted for seven (7) board seats.
· You may nominate yourself by completing the attached application form or nominate another member by asking them to do so.
· Bios and applications will be posted on Chapter website. Voting instructions will be sent to all members prior to commencement of voting.
· Submit the completed Board of Director Application and signed Board of Director Commitment by email to email@example.com by November 16.
· Direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org