USGBC Central California is now soliciting nominations for election to the Board of Directors. This is a great way to contribute to help advance green buildings and communities in Central California, while creating lasting business relationships. The Chapter is seeking Directors who are committed to increasing sustainability in our built environment, passionate about making an impact in our community, experienced in leading volunteer organizations, and willing to commit leadership to helping the Chapter serve our community. Find out more about board membership in our election fact sheet.
Filing Period: October 29- November 25, 2019
Deadline to Submit Application: November 25, 2019
Candidate Notification: November 27
Election: November 28 - December 8, 2019
New Board Member Seated: January 1, 2020
Who can Vote: All current paid Chapter members*
*To join the Chapter and be eligible to vote, click here: www.usgbccc.org/Become-A-Member and follow instructions on Registering for a Chapter Membership link below.
TERMS & MEETINGS
The term of office is for two years from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021. Terms of board members are staggered so that half the Board changes each year. Face to face board meetings occur on an every other month basis.
Given the Chapter’s expanding scope of programs and local influence, a number of qualifications are particularly important. The Board seeks diversity and leadership qualities needed to assure strong and dynamic local leadership.
· Candidates will be selected to provide a mix of expertise, potential contributions, leadership, business experience, diversity, and continuity.
· Candidate must sign the USGBC CC Board of Directors commitment form.
· We are looking for candidates from the following fields: architecture, banking, construction, development, engineering, government, interior design, landscaping, transportation, marketing, community development
· Nominations will be accepted for six (6) board seats.
· You may nominate yourself by completing the application form or nominate another member by asking them to do so.
· Bios and applications will be posted on Chapter website. Voting instructions will be sent to all members prior to commencement of voting.
· Submit the completed Board of Director Application and signed Board of Director Commitment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline above. Submission of the Board of Director Commitment implies agreement.
· Direct all questions to email@example.com